Recently, I saw a recipe in a grocery store advertisement for some teriyaki chicken. I decided to save the recipe and give it a try. It seemed easy enough and it certainly was! I managed to undercook the rice, but it still tasted great. I have a love/hate relationship with rice. This is why I stick to these babies (aka one of my go-to daily items).
Easy Teriyaki Chicken & Brown Rice Dinner
adapted from Minute
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup lite teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups Minute brown rice, uncooked
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts or almonds (optional)
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add water, teriyaki sauce and garlic powder; stir.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice, broccoli and peanuts (if desired).
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and enjoy!