Chicken Salsa Soup
adapted by Mom who adapted from some place online ?
- 3 chicken breasts cooked/shredded*
- 4x16 oz cans of chicken broth, reduced sodium
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- 16 oz bag frozen corn (I used a southwest blend w/ corn, black beans, onions & peppers)
- 16 oz jar of chunky salsa (I used Archer Farms Original - made with jalepeno peppers, green chiles, black beans, corn and red bell peppers)
- Shredded taco cheese
- Tortilla chips
- To shred chicken: place chicken breasts in pot. Put enough water to cover. Bring water to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 35-40 minutes. Drain and use two forks to shred.
- For soup: Put chicken broth in pot.
- Add chicken, corn, salsa and seasonings. Mix well.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with shredded cheese and tortilla chips on top.
Post a Comment