Pumpkin Cranberry Apple Baked Oatmeal
adapted from My Kitchen Addiction who adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup wheat bran
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree or applesauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup apple, chopped (skins are fine)
- 1/3 - 1 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Spray a baking dish (use small glass baking dish, 8x8) with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, wheat bran, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and cranberries.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk, pumpkin puree or applesauce, melted butter, egg, and vanilla, whisking until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture, and stir to combine all of the ingredients.
- Add the apple and combine with the wet oatmeal mixture.
- Spread the oatmeal into the baking dish, and sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until the oatmeal has set and the top is golden.
- Serve warm, topped with additional milk, if desired.