Chicken Parmigiana with Whole Wheat Spaghetti
adapted from This Mama Loves to Cook
Yield: 2 people if you live in this house!
Nutrition: Not calculated. But, you have a ton of breadcrumbs remaining so it's not like it's coated in breadcrumbs. Plus, it's not fried in oil like restaurant chicken parm. Definitely worth it!
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 14 oz.)
- 1/2 c. Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 c. shredded parmesan cheese (or omit this if your parmesan cheese is moldy :( )
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (or just a few tsp)
- 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 9 oz. linguini, cooked according to package directions (I used 1/2 box of WW linguine)
- 1 jar your favorite spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cover chicken breasts with wax paper and pound with meat mallet until about 1/2 inch thick or less.
- Combine bread crumbs and parmesan cheese in a shallow dish.
- Dip breasts in the beaten eggs making sure to coat each side, then dip in the bread crumb/cheese mixture coating both sides.
- Arrange chicken breasts in a greased 9X13 pan.
- Drizzle olive oil over breasts.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from oven.
- Pour about a cup of the spaghetti sauce over the breasts.
- Then sprinkle with mozzarella and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Toss linguini with the remaining spaghetti sauce.
- Place pasta on dishes and top with the chicken.