Tip: buy vegetables and smaller portions of meat at the salad bar to save money. I ALWAYS do this because I have lettuce at home, but I want to have more stuff on my salads. This way, I ensure that I can have some sprouts (without spending $4 on a package of sprouts) or beets (without spending $4 on a package of beers). There is more variety and it costs significantly less. My assortment of cucumbers, baby tomatoes, shredded carrots, rotisserie chicken, sprouts and green peppers cost about $3. I was able to make 2 sandwiches out of this.
Rotisserie Chicken, Hummus, Veggie and Brown Rice Wrap
- 1 wrap (I use LaTortilla Factory, Traditional w/ Extra Dietary Fiber - 90 cal, 3g fat, 13g dietary fiber. Note: Mission Tortillas are unnecessarily high and run at about 200+ calories for one wrap)
- Hummus (or any type of spread you prefer)
- 2-3 oz. of rotisserie chicken (or whichever meat you prefer)
- Assortment of vegetables that you want on your wrap
- Rice (I used the Minute brown rice individual cups that cook in 1 minute)
- If using brown rice bowl, cook in microwave for 1 minute.
- Spread hummus (or whatever spread you choose) down the middle of the wrap.
- Lay veggies on top of spread.
- Place meat on top, sprinkle with italian seasoning or salt/pepper.
- Spoon a couple of spoonfuls of rice on the wrap.
- Reserve the remainder for a side. Sprinkle salt, pepper and italian seasoning in mixture.
- Roll and enjoy!
Post a Comment