I came home tonight and did not feel like cooking. However, I was home relatively early and wanted to make something. When I get home early enough, I want a meal. I decided that from here on out, Thursdays will be a slow-cooker night. I have enough time to prep before I leave for work/school and it can be ready as soon as I walk in the door!
This recipe is the true definition of a "meat and potatoes" meal. Ron really enjoyed it. It was extremely quick and easy to prepare. It was hearty and good! I served with some broccoli (for myself) and some grain bread.
Kielbasa and Potatoes
adapted from Life's Ambrosia
Yield: 2 hearty, hearty servings (or 2 servings with leftovers)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 medium Yukon gold potatoes, diced
- fresh cracked pepper and kosher salt
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1 pound turkey kielbasa, cut in half at the curve and then sliced
- In a large skillet heat olive oil and butter over medium heat.
- Once butter has melted add potatoes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Allow to cook for 4-5 minutes without stirring.
- Stir after 5 minutes.
- Cook another 5 minutes.
- Stir in onions.
- Cook 3 minutes.
- Stir in kielbasa.
- Continue cooking for 5 more minutes or until sausage is warmed through and pieces begin to brown.
- Serve hot.