Ok, enough baking. However, I do have another post from what I made today that I will be posting tomorrow. But, the kitchen is currently closed to baking (with the exception of some healthy muffins later this week).
Ron's been requesting lasagna so I looked for a hearty recipe that was healthy. I found a wonderful recipe from Cooking Light that received "outstanding" ratings so I decided to give it a go. My goodness!! This stuff IS outstanding. It makes a ton for leftovers and I found myself eating a whole other piece as I packed it into containers.
I highly recommend this lasagna. It is incredible and you can easily adjust the amount of cheese you use and add additional seasoning. It's pretty healthy (in lasagna world) and definitely satisfies any cravings.
Serve this with a salad (or other green veggie) and some hearty bread! I used some broccoli and garlic light toast at 65 calories a slice. Not bad for a Sunday dinner :)
adapted from Cooking Light
Yield: 9 servings
Nutrition: Calories: 352, Fat: 10.6g (sat 4.5g,mono 3.4g,poly 2.2g) Protein: 28.3g, Carbohydrate: 35.6g
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 (26-ounce) jars low-fat marinara sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) carton fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) preshredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 8 cooked lasagna noodles
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add turkey, onion, and garlic; cook until meat is browned, stirring to crumble.
- Add 5 3/4 cups marinara sauce; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine cottage cheese, egg substitute, Parmesan, parsley, pepper, and spinach; stir well.
- Spread remaining marinara sauce in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Arrange 4 noodles over marinara; top with cottage cheese mixture and half of the mozzarella.
- Spoon half of the turkey mixture over the mozzarella.
- Arrange the remaining noodles over turkey mixture.
- Top with remaining turkey mixture and mozzarella.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until cheese melts and sauce is bubbly.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.