Oh well. I'm bumming about my photos lately. I don't have the time/energy to dedicate to a "serious food blog" and it's frustrating. Food blogging is highly addictive and looks like it can be fun, rewarding and social. *Sigh - maybe in the next few months.
Anyway, enough pity party. Normally, I don't make/eat drumsticks. This dinner explained why. Apparently, I do not like them. At all.
Ron really liked this recipe, but I didn't. I guess I just don't like dark meat. All I could taste was fat and oil. I ate about 1.5 bites before I gave them to Ron to finish. I rolled up the rice and veggies in a wrap and had a wonderful meal. I found a ton of recipes for various "baked" versions of drumsticks, etc. However, they are being tossed. No drumsticks in this kitchen. Sorry.
I did really enjoy the veggie mix though. The veggie mix I used was a new product from Alexia. Oddly enough, there is no picture on their site, so here is mine:
Lemon, Garlic & Thyme Drumsticks Recipe
adapted from Gimme Some Oven
- 6 chicken drumsticks (about 1.5 lbs.), rinsed
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- zest and juice of one lemon (about 1 Tbsp. zest, 2 Tbsp. juice)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (about 2 tsp.)
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place the first five ingredients (chicken through thyme) in a large bowl or ziplock bag, and mix well so that the chicken is well coated.
- I removed the skin off of a few of my drumsticks.
- Cover/seal and refrigerate to marinate for 1-12 hours.
- Or 5 minutes, however long you have.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 375F degrees.
- Then remove drumsticks from marinade bowl/bag and place in a greased baking dish, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until the juices run clear.
- For extra flavor, brush the drumsticks with more of the marinade about 20 minutes into baking.
- Serve immediately.