I tweaked this recipe a bit. It is no longer "clean" but I used what I had on hand. Original clean recipe can be found by clicking on the blog title. I made a small batch so the measurements reflect 1/2 dozen. Two days later and they are all gone! I guess I should have made a full dozen. Adjust as needed :)
adapted from The Gracious Pastry
Yield: 6 muffins
- 3/4 c whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 c wheat bran
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 c agave
- 1/8 c (or 2 tbsp) canola oil
- 1/8 c 2% milk (or soy milk)
- 1/2 c chopped fruit of choice (I used strawberries)
- Prepare your muffin tin by spraying the top surface with a light coat of olive oil and placing muffins paper in the tins.
- I use a silicone muffin pan. It's much easier to just pop them out!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients (flour through wheat bran).
- In a separate bowl, combine all wet ingredients except for the fruit.
- Mix both bowls separately and then combine. (Batter will be thick.)
- Fold in your fruit and scoop into muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. Muffins will be done when toothpick inserted comes out clean.