This recipe isn't home-made. Aside from the lettuce, there's really nothing "fresh"about it, but it's quick, easy and makes for a very healthy lunch. In total, it took about 15 minutes to make. That time was spent basically baking the frozen eggplant cutlets in the oven. They can also be pan-fried, which would result in a 4 minute lunch.
For a few years, I've been eating Dominex eggplant products. In a two-person household, with only one veggie eater, it's feasible and cost-efficient. The Dominex brand frozen eggplant products are very good. Plus, they are easy to prepare and perfect for a busy lifestyle. The ingredient list is fairly small for a frozen product. This is a definite bonus.
Eggplant Parmigiana Sandwich
Yield: 1 servings
- 2 eggplant cutlets
- Hamburger Bun
- 1/8 c of provolone cheese
- 1/8 c marinara sauce
- Italian Seasoning
- Additional toppings, as desired
- Prepare eggplant cutlet. (Directions on box.)
- Once cooked, place one eggplant cutlet on bottom half of bun.
- Sprinkle cheese over bottom part of sandwich.
- Lay 2nd eggplant cutlet over cheese.
- Top with sauce, lettuce, seasoning and additional toppings, as desired.
Post a Comment