On a side note: I wish I had a Wok. I've been making a ton of stir fry recipes and I think it would come in handy. Wok's are better to evenly distribute heat and ingredients. Right now, I'm using a giant skillet over a tiny burner. Well, once we move and have a bigger kitchen, it is on my to-purchase list!
Honey Ginger Chicken with Peppers
- 1/4 c honey
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 c minced or grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced into thin strips
- 3 c cooked rice
- Mix together honey, rice vinegar, and soy sauce in small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok or saute pan. Add chicken and cook through, about 4 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add last tbsp of oil in pan. Add ginger and garlic to pan. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add peppers and cook about 4 minutes.
- Add honey mixture and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken and cook until sauce is thick, about 5 minutes.
- Serve chicken, peppers, and sauce over the rice.