This meatloaf did not disappoint. It was incredibly delicious and both Ron and I were bummed that we didn't have more. I had mixed it up before we went on a jog so we could come home and shove it in the oven. Ron's been working late, so our dinners have been occurring around 8:30-9ish, so I didn't have time to prepare a side. However, I think some baked potatoes and zucchini would taste very good with this and I'd plan to make that the next time I make this.
P.S. You can probably click on the link below for a much better (and appetizing) picture of this. :)
Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf
from Joelen's Culinary Adventures
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 c grated Parm cheese
- 1/2 c pasta sauce
- 1/2 c shredded italian cheese blend
- minced parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a loaf pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ingredients (from ground chicken through parmesan cheese). Try not to over handle the mixture (you don't want it getting tough!!) and spread into the greased loaf pan.
- Top the meatloaf with the pasta sauce.
- Place the filled loaf pan on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, sprinkle with the shredded cheese and place the meatloaf back in the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle w/ parsley if desired.