The only thing that wasn't so "quick" about these was the cooling time. You'd likely have to make these about 3 hours or so before you plan on serving them to make sure that they were ready. But this recipe was 110% easy and 120% awesome.
They were delicious. The sweet of the chocolate mixed with the salty of the pretzels and nuts is a winning combination. Plus, I came home with an empty container. I always look at that as a bonus. If I came home with an entire container, then I'd be worried. But, how could you possibly go wrong with anything made with butter and sugar?
recipe from Cake Batter and Bowl
Yield: 16 squares
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pretzels
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1/2 cup whole cashews
- 1/2 cup M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix butter, brown sugar, flour and baking powder in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Mix in chopped pretzels.
- Grease and line an 8x8-inch pan with parchment paper and spread dough evenly across the lined pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees F or until lightly browned and set.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, microwave chocolate chips and milk on High 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds; stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Spread ganache over cooled bars and top ganache evenly with cashews and M&Ms.
- Place bars in fridge for an hour or until ganache is set.
- Cut into 16 bars.