This recipe was too good not to add. I found it on the back of a Sargento Bistro Blends package. I had some pizza dough in the freezer from the last time I'd made fresh dough, so I decided to use it instead of making fresh stuff. I mixed up a pepperoni pizza for Ron, then got to mine. I didn't use the exact measurements from the Sargento recipe, but I'm including the suggested measurements below. Mine had about 1/2 the cheese, 2x as many olives and 2x as many peppers. Yum! It was seriously awesome.
Sicilian Style Pizza
adapted from Sargento Bistro Blends
- 1 (12-inch) prepared pizza crust (or use fresh pizza dough)
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1-3/4 cups (7 oz) Sargento Bistro Blends Shredded Mozzerella Cheese with Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Basil, divided
- 1/2 cup bottled roasted red pepper strips
- 1/3 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1/3 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Place pizza crust on a baking sheet. (If using fresh dough, roll out dough and prepare as if using pizza stone or baking sheet.)
- Top dough with pizza sauce, 1 cup cheese, pepper strips and olives.
- Sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup cheese and pepper flakes over pizza.
- Bake in a preheated 450 degree oven, 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Post a Comment