Nearly every Saturday, Ron and I had into town towards the Mill City Farmer's Market where I pick up the most fantastic jam from a local organic farmer. I am hooked on the stuff. It's like crack. But, our new freezer doesn't have a lot of room, so I decided it was time to get rid of some of my berries, and try my hand at making my own jam. I decided to mix raspberries and strawberries together, so I didn't make as much of a dent as I would have liked. But, the end result was fantastic. Now I have 5 jars of delicious jam and I'm thinking this could turn into a potential gift for family and friends.
Hmm, it's blueberry picking season right now. I'm already thinking of canning options!
from Pectin package
- 4 cups crushed berries (measured after they are crushed)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 pkg pectin
- 5 Bell 8 oz Freezer jars or Jelly jars
- Stir sugar and pectin in a bowl.
- Add crushed fruit.
- Stir vigorously for 3 minutes.
- Ladle jam into clean jars and let stand for 30 minutes.