One of the many things that I love about our new place is the ability to grill again. We have a charcoal grill and since finally learning how to use it, dinners have been turning out quite nicely on grill nights. Ron is in charge of all things grilled in the house. To me, the grill equals man territory. Grilling is a "blue job" and I like to avoid blue jobs. So, I am perfectly content with sitting back and watching his grilling expertise.
This salmon recipe was incredibly easy to make. And, incredibly quick and easy for Ron to grill. I was craving something savory sweet, so I mixed up a quick strawberry salsa (instead of Giada's citrus salsa) to pair with the agave on the salmon. It worked really well, though I would have loved to incorporate some fresh mint if I had it on hand. I mixed up what I thought would be a two serving recipe, but I ended up eating the entire bowl of salsa that I had mixed! If you make the recipe, adjust as necessary (or use Giada's measurements). The salsa should sit for about 30 minutes for the ingredients to mix, so plan accordingly!
Salmon from Giada
Yield: 2 servings
- 2x5 ounce salmon portions, skinned
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 c chopped strawberries
- 1/4 c chopped kiwi
- 1/4 c diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- Preheat grill and brush vegetable oil on racks to prevent from sticking.
- Brush the salmon on both sides with agave and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill until fish flakes easily and is cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve with salsa!
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Place in fridge for at least 30 minutes.