As all granola is, the recipe was very quick to whip up. I think left it in the oven a tad bit too long so unfortunately, apple pie granola was a bit more hard compared to apple pie dessert, but it still tasted awesome.
Home is Where the Heart Is
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup dried apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried raisins, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 T olive oil
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and line a large rimmed baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, mixing with a wooded spoon until wet ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
- Transfer to prepared baking sheet and bake approximately 1 hour, stir/turn after 30 minutes.
- Let cool completely and transfer to an airtight container.