I baked these brownies a few weeks ago when Ron's sister came to visit. I had been craving brownies and knew that this was an interesting spin on your typical cake brownie. Both Ron and his sister said they would have preferred some type of graham cracker crust on the bottom. But then the brownies would have been s'more brownies and that is just a whole different recipe!
But, these were pretty good and very easy to make. They actually seemed to taste a lot better the second day. By that time, we were eating the brownies in the middle, which I prefer over the hard, dense ends. Yum!!
- 1 C butter, melted
- 2 C sugar
- 1/4 C cocoa
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 3/4 C chopped nuts (optional)
- 2 1/2 C mini marshmallows
- 1/4 C butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/3 C cocoa
- 1 1/4 C powdered sugar
- Mix together melted butter, sugar, cocoa, eggs, vanilla and salt.
- Add flour and mix just until combined.
- Fold in nuts, if desired.
- Bake in a greased 9x13 pan at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Immediately top with marshmallows and bake an additional 2 minutes.
- Use a knife dipped in water to spread marshmallows evenly. Cool completely.
- To make frosting, whisk ingredients together until smooth. Spread frosting over cooled marshmallow layer.
Post a Comment