I love baking with buttermilk. Any time I see a buttermilk recipe, I normally save it and pick up a carton the next time I am at the store. I love the smell. I love the taste! I saved this one because I had recently made some maple cocoa pecan spread and I knew the combination would be awesome. It was absolutely dynamite!
This bread is delicious. It is a sweet bread, with a lot of sugar, so I'd advise to save it as a treat and not eat as much as I did for the first day or so. But, it's just sooo good! You can't help yourself. Enjoy with a cup of coffee and some apple butter. Yum :)
Southern Food About.Com
- 2 1/4 cups sifted flour (I used white whole wheat)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and spices; blend in brown sugar.
- Combine egg, buttermilk, and butter; add to flour mixture, stirring to blend well.
- Stir in chopped nuts.
- Turn batter into a greased and floured 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
This bread was soooooooo good. Thank you so very much for making it for us.ReplyDelete