Banana Nut Granola
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup pecans
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce (or canola oil)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup of dried bananas or other dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Combine oats and nuts in a large bowl.
- Mash bananas in a medium bowl. Add honey, applesauce or oil, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. Beat with a mixer until smooth. Alternatively, you could probably use an immersion blender (or real blender) to puree.
- Pour the wet over the dry ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour granola on large baking sheet. Bake for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Let cool completely. Once cooled, add additional mix-ins (one cup of banana chips or other dried fruit) if desired.