Fall Vegetable Curry
from Cooking Light
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup diced peeled sweet potato
- 1 cup small cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 2 tsp Madras curry powder (to substitute: use 1 1/2 tsp curry powder + 1/2 tsp red pepper)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can no-salt added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup plain reduced-fat Greek yogurt (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add sweet potato to pan; saute 3 minutes.
- Decrease heat to medium.
- Add cauliflower, onion, and curry powder; cook 1 minute, stirring mixture constantly.
- Add broth and next 3 ingredients (through tomatoes); bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with cilantro; serve with yogurt to bring the heat down, and eat with rice.
Post a Comment