Molasses Honey Granola
adapted from Bobby Flay
- about 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (I used one small container)
- 3-4 Tbsp honey
- 3-4 Tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the applesauce, honey, molasses, cinnamon, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oats, almonds, seeds, wheat germ, flaxseed, and salt.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix to thoroughly coat.
- Spread the granola onto the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, stirring occasionally, until granola is light golden brown and starting to harden.
- Set granola aside to cool. After cooling slightly and breaking apart large pieces, mix in any dried fruit that you may want to add.
- Store in a container for up to two weeks.