Warm Lentil and Roasted Pepper Salad
from Reader's Digest
Yield: 4 servings
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup brown lentils, lightly rinsed
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup diced, drained, and rinsed canned roasted sweet red pepper
- 1 medium stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup diced and seeded plum tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Bring water, lentils, and 1/2 tsp salt to boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, until lentils are firm but fully cooked, 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix parsley, sweet pepper, celery, onion, tomatoes, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, black pepper, and remaining 1/2 tsp of salt in large serving bowl.
- Drain lentils, add to serving bowl, and toss. Serve warm.