Pesto Romano Linquine
inspired by Bilinski's Chicken Sausage
Yield: 3-4 servings
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh Spinach linguine
- 1 package Bilinski's Pesto Romano chicken sausage, or chicken sausage of your choosing, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1/4 c - 1/2 c basil pesto, prepared or home-made
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup grated asiago cheese
- Lightly coat a nonstick cooking pan with olive oil spray and preheat pan over low heat. Add chicken sausage. Heat chicken sausage, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the fresh pasta according to package instructions. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- In the pasta pot, add 1/2 Tbsp olive oil. Saute 3 cups fresh spinach until wilted. Toss cherry tomatoes with spinach.
- Toss pasta with spinach and tomatoes. Add sliced, heated sausage. Add pasta cooking water and pesto, adding more as desired. Mix thoroughly.
- Season to taste, sprinkle individual servings with asiago cheese, and enjoy!