Asian Chicken Burgers
from Food Network magazine
- 1 small carrot
- 1 small red onion, halved
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp grated peeled ginger
- 4 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tsp hot Asian chili sauce, such as sambal oelek
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 4 whole-wheat sesame hamburger buns
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Mist a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Grate the carrot and 1/2 onion into a large bowl. Add the chicken, panko, 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce, ginger, 3 tsp soy sauce and 1 tsp sambal oelek and mix until combined. Shape the chicken mixture into 4 patties and place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the remaining 1/2 onion. Toss with the mushrooms, sesame oil, lime juice and the remaining 1 tsp soy sauce in a bowl. Mix the remaining 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce and 2 tsp sambal oelek with 1 Tbsp water in another bowl.
- Warm the hamburger buns in the oven. Serve the burgers on the buns with a drizzle of the hoisin-sambal sauce and some of the mushroom mixture.