Black Bean and Corn Soup
from Cooking Light
Yield: 4 servings
- cooking spray
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 3 (15-ounce) cans organic black beans, rinsed, drained, and divided
- 1 1/2 cups fat free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 Tbsp chile paste (such as sambal oelek)
- 3/8 tsp salt
- Heat a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray and add corn to pan; saute for 4 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Combine 2 cans of beans and broth in a blender; process until smooth. Add bean mixture, remaining can of beans, tomatoes, chile paste, and salt to corn, stirring to combine; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.