Blueberry Buttermilk Walnut Bread
adapted from Buns in my Oven
Yield: 1 loaf
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cup AP flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2/3 - 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add brown sugar, breaking up any clumps. Mix in buttermilk, applesauce, and eggs until combined.
- Slowly add in AP flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt until just combined and mixed thoroughly.
- Gently fold in blueberries and walnuts.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.