from Pink Parsley
Yield: 6 servings
- 4 sweet potatoes (10 ounces each), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp honey, plus more for drizzling
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 lbs)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1 Tbsp of olive oil, chipotles, garlic, honey, vinegar, salt, cumin, and cinnamon to make a paste. Set aside.
- Mix the remaining 2 Tbsp of olive oil with 2 tsp of the paste and toss with the sweet potatoes.
- Scatter the potatoes on the bottom of a roasting pan; bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rub the chicken breasts with the remaining paste that was set aside earlier.
- Stir the potatoes and carefully place the chicken on top of the sweet potatoes, and continue to roast until the chicken is just cooked through (registers 165 on an instant read thermometer), about 15-20 minutes longer.
- Divide the potatoes and chicken evenly among serving plates and drizzle with remaining honey. Garnish with cilantro and serve with whatever vegetable you wish. Enjoy!