Yield: Half batch, about 2 1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract (preferably organic; without added corn syrup)
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup M and M's
- 1/2 cup finely crushed almonds, unsalted
- coarse sea salt, for sprinkling, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line baking sheet/s with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix butter, brown sugar, white sugar, and egg until combined. Add extract and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt until just combined.
- Pour in M & M's and finely crushed almonds. Fold in M & M's and almonds until mixed throughout.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt, if desired. Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes, or until desired doneness. Cool on baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Post a Comment