from How Sweet It Is
Yield: 1 pan of Treats
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 10 oz bag marshmallows
- 1/4c - 1/3 c yellow cake mix
- 6 cups rice krispies cereal
- 1.75 oz bottle of colored jimmies, divided
- Melt 3 Tbsp butter over low heat in a large pot.
- Add marshmallows and stir until melted and mixed with butter.
- Add 1/4c - 1/3c of cake mix by spoonful until mixed thoroughly throughout.
- Remove marshmallow/cake mix mixture from heat and stir in 6 cups of rice krispies until krispies are covered with marshmallow mixture.
- Stir in half of the jimmies.
- Press into lightly-sprayed baking pan (any size will do). Top krispies with the remaining jimmies and press into krispies with back of a spatula. Let rest for 30 minutes before cutting.