Yield: 4 servings
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1/2 cup purchased plain hummus
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 12-ounce containers of cherry tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup halved pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Whisk hummus into liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large heavy skillet over high heat. Add cherry tomatoes; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until blackened in spots, shaking skillet occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- Mix in chickpeas, garlic, and smoked paprika. Crush some of the tomatoes to release the juices. Add pasta and enough hummus mixture to coat. Mix in olives and cilantro; season with salt and pepper.