Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Pennies on a Platter
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups AP flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs and vanilla with a mixer until blended.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Fold in rolled oats, raisins, and walnuts (if desired). Drop dough by rounded tablespoons about 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes and remove to wire rack to cool completely.