from Gina's Skinny Recipes
- 27 (9 oz) Jumbo Shells
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 32 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups part skim ricotta cheese
- 8 oz reduced fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 egg
- 16 oz package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano
- Boil water and cook shells according to package directions, make sure to make them al dente.
- Meanwhile, saute onions and garlic in oil. Add turkey and salt and brown until cooked, breaking up in small pieces. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and basil, then simmer on low, covered, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ricotta, egg, spinach, mozzarella, and parmesan.
- Once shells are cooked and cool, fill each shell (with two heaping Tbsp) cheese mixture and place on a large baking dish covering the bottom of the dish with a little bit of sauce.
- Top shells with half of the sauce, cover with foil and bake 40 minutes; uncover foil and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with additional sauce on top, aside a small salad. Enjoy!
Post a Comment